I am what some are calling a multipotentialite – I have many skills and interests that I am balancing and trying to make useful. I am curious about everything. This makes it difficult to focus and be disciplined, and I believe this is why I have turned to weight lifting in all its various forms (I still struggle to pick a particular discipline). Discipline is essential for progress in weight training; without discipline, you’ll likely just injure yourself. So, in this way, weightlifting is my method for mental and physical development – a stronger mind and a stronger body.
Personal Goals – goals that pertain to my physical state, skill development, or habits
- Get to 15% body fat around a weight of 240
- Compete in a strongman competition
- Compete in a powerlifting competition in the 242 weight class
- Earn my USAWL certification in 2016
- Earn my Precision Nutrition certification in 2016
- Squat 475 pounds by the end of 2016
- Deadlift 550 pounds by the end of 2016
- Overhead Press 225 pounds by the end of 2016
- Bench Press 335 by the end of 2016
- Run a sub 8 minute mile by June 2016
I am also a certified fitness trainer through International Sports Sciences Association and a licensed massage therapist in Pennsylvania and California.